$2/$5: $1300 Deep Top Pair + Flush Draw Linecheck

$1300 eff. I open Q♠ T♠ in HJ to $20, SB calls, BB recreational player makes a clumsy raise to $50. I immediately become 90% sure that he has precisely KK or AA and call. SB calls.

I also know from observing his prior play that he's the type to stack with KK/AA 100%.. unless it's A-high board and he has KK or something.

Q♣ 6♠ 2♠ $150 SB checks, BB bets $75, I raise to $300, SB folds, BB shoves, I call

He has AA of course. Whether I hit it or not is irrelevant to the question and I don't want that to cloud your answer so I'm going to leave that out.

1. What do you think of my line?

2. If you don't like it, why, where did I go wrong?

3. If you wouldn't play this the same way how would you play all streets and why?

4 Responses to this post

I don't like the line for one main reason, you said it's either KK or AA which he doesn't fold. And then you raise. What for ? This is a no brainer. Why didn't you follow your own judgement? It's better to call and then stack him when you have him beat.

My line vs fish that most likely has AA is call flop and think about calling unimproved on later streets based on my odds. Raise when I hit.

Originally Posted by MentalCoach

Why didn't you follow your own judgement? It's better to call and then stack him when you have him beat.

I thought I was ahead....... while I was only at 47% :(
A call instead of a raise would have been a better option. He would have most likely made another bet on the turn even if another club came out. Then you could trap him. And if another club did not come on the turn, then you could reevaluate your next action from there.
I immediately become 90% sure that he has precisely KK or AA and call.
Originally Posted by ecomommy

I thought I was ahead....... while I was only at 47% :(
?!