Live $2/$5: AK vs Donk $1100 Deep

$1100 deep. Donk has been playing 80% of hands, usually limping. Likes his top pair but very substantially tightens up postflop. Overall passive postflop. You know the type. V limps UTG, I make it $25 with A♥ K♦ in UTG+1. 2 callers including V.

K♥ 6♥ 7♦ $82 Donk declares he has a good hand and quickly... umm..... donks $115, we call, third player drops out

5♦ $312 V now doesn't say anything and quickly bets $300

I wonder what our line should be for the rest of the hand and how it relates to our whole range in this spot.

5 Responses to this post

Top pair top kicker + nfd vs. someone playing 80% of hands, I probably call. Continues to induce bluffs and lets him keep value cutting himself.
Originally Posted by RikaKazak

Top pair top kicker + nfd vs. someone playing 80% of hands, I probably call. Continues to induce bluffs and lets him keep value cutting himself.

We don't have NFD. He bluffs infrequently and and not so big. In other words.. he ain't bluffing. His understanding of value is different from ours though.
Sorry, I thought we had AK diamonds....even without the nfd I call turn vs. someone playing 80% of hands.
Are you folding any rivers?
Depends on the river card, bet sizing, timing, all of that.